Temple Responds | Roe v. Wade Decision
The Temple Emanu-El clergy and Board of Trustees express their deep disappointment over the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark legislation that for nearly 50 years has guaranteed a woman’s legal right to an abortion.
Here are ways you can gather, learn and act now and in the weeks to come.
- WRJ Havdalah Service | July 9 | 7:30 p.m. | Online on Zoom
- Dallas Rally for Abortion Justice | Wednesday, June 29, 12-2 p.m., | Dallas City Hall Plaza
- Temple Responds: Reproductive Rights
- Temple Board of Trustees Statement, Dec. 8, 2021
- Roe v. Wade Decision Sermon | June 2022 by Rabbi Debra Robbins
- SB8 Sermon | Oct. 2021 by Rabbi David Stern
- Sermon from Reproductive Rights Shabbat | Jan. 2022 by Rabbi Kimberly Herzog Cohen
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
- The book Jane Against the World: Roe v Wade and the Fight for Reproductive Rights by Karen Blumenthal, Temple member of blessed memory
- National Council of Jewish Women Resources
- Central Conference of American Rabbis Statement
- Women of Reform Judaism Statement