Image courtesy of reformjudaism.org
Below are some resources to help you discuss and process scary situations with your children.
- Responding to spiritual questions and emotional needs after tragedies
- Videos to help parents of our youngest children talk to their kids about scary situations (there are videos both for parents and for parents to watch with their children)
- What to do (and not to do) when children are anxious, from the Child Mind Institute
- Big picture article about how to explain bad things to children of all ages
- Helping children of all ages to process acts of terrorism (whether or not one feels this is terrorism, the principles still apply)
- Helping children cope with tragedy related anxiety, from Mental Health America